The Twilight Lexicon has posted some tips for getting your local book store to host a Breaking Dawn release party.
- Talk to the events manager at the store. There are regular managers and events managers. The events manager is more likely to be on your side.
- First try an independent bookseller they are more likely to get on board than a big chain.
- Point out that right now the the Twilight Saga Books are consistently in the top 100 in the Borders, Amazon, and Barnes and Nobel lists.
- Point out that the first book to knock Harry Potter off the number one spot was Eclipse and it is still selling in the number one position on the New York Times Bestseller list over Harry Potter.
- Point out that Stephenie’s signings have drawn 1,000’s of fans. Ask them to check with their management to confirm this.
- Point out the websites like ours dedicated to the book. Our site alone gets 10,500 unique visitors a week.
- Point out that the movie of Twilight releases in December and people are dying for this book.
- Organize a letter writing campaign. If a store manager is resistant get everyone you know to write a polite letter to the manager explaining how much business they are going to do by having this event . Don’t make it a petition, make it individual letter. A huge pile of letters on the manager’s desk is much more impressive than one petition. Stores also have district managers, if the manager is resistant find out the district manager’s name and write to them.