Summit Entertainment confirmed to Access Hollywood that the release of Eclipse will be June 30, 2010.
The third film in the series, “Eclipse,” will arrive on June 30, 2010, Summit Entertainment confirmed to Access Hollywood. Sequel “New Moon” is due November 20 of this year.
Moreover, the series now has a name; based on the beloved novels of author Stephenie Meyer, the series has been officially named “The Twilight Saga.”
Chris Weitz will helm “New Moon,” which will see stars Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner reprise their roles. Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg, who penned “Twilight,” will adapt both “New Moon” and “Eclipse.”
View it here.
The movie ‘How To Be’ staring Robert Pattinson has been picked up for distribution by IFC Films. For now they only have release dates for when they are touring the US for film festivals and screenings. Full details of the release will be announced soon.
We’re excited to announce the much-anticipated U.S. release of How To Be! The film has been picked up for distribution by IFC Films and will premiere on IFC Festival Direct in April.
Leading up to the release, How To Be is going on a U.S. tour! Oliver Irving (Writer/Director), Joe Hastings (Composer), Mike Pearce (Nikki), and Johnny White (Ronny) will be bringing the film to select cities, hitting states along the East coast from Florida to Massachusetts. April tour dates are still being finalized, but stay tuned for updates!
For more information about when and where they will be touring click here.
On VideoETA.com there is an “Estimated” release date for the Twilight DVD.
In Theaters: November 21, 2008
On Video/DVD: Estimated for April 2009
Rating: PG-13 for some violence and a scene of sensuality
Length: 120 Minutes
Box Office: $119.7 Million
*Thanks to Jess for the tip!
»CanMag has an interview with Robert Pattinson.
»EmpireOnline wants to know how excited you are for Twilight!
»AccessHollywood has a Twilight First Look.
»ReelMovieNews talks about Taylor and his sequel hopes.
»Defamer has an article called, ‘LiveJournal Buckles Under the Weight of New Twilight Developments, Reshoots.’
»The Georgetown Independent has an article discussing Twilight, along with a BD review.
»Twilight Novel Novice is putting together a Twilight Yearbook.
Something you’ve always wanted to say to a character? Now is your chance to get it out! Feel free to choose from Angela, Ben, Lauren, Jessica, Tyler, Eric, Mike, Rosalie, Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jasper, Bella, or any other Forks High student during the time of Twilight. Now, we want all the characters to have a pretty equal amount of love, so if there’s any way that you could bear doing a dedication to Angela instead of Edward, we would really appreciate it! All dedications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. They are due by September 6th.
»Crepusculo Meyer has confirmed a December 19th, 2008 movie release date in Mexico.
»The Movie Blog has an article about the new scenes being shot.
»Twilight Coven Philippines has confirmed a November 20th, 2008 release date in the Philippines.
»Twilight Portugal has confirmed a January 1st, 2009 release date in Portugal.
»Here’s a complete list of release dates thanks to The Lexicon Blog.
November 20 Philippines
November 21 USA, Canada,
December 12 South Korea, Australia
December 19 Italy
December 25 Argentina
January 1 Portugal
January 2 Sweden
January 8 Netherlands, New Zealand
January 9 United Kingdom
January 22 Germany, Switzerland (German speaking)
February 13 Finland, Norway
March 20 Venezuela
»The Post has an article about Breaking Dawn.
»Mtv is still looking for more multiple choice questions for their quiz.
»Reelz Channel has an interview with Stephenie.
»Twilight Australia has confirmed that the Aussies will get Twilight on December 11th.
»Pink is the New Blog has a review of New Moon.
The Twilight Lexicon has posted some tips for getting your local book store to host a Breaking Dawn release party.
- Talk to the events manager at the store. There are regular managers and events managers. The events manager is more likely to be on your side.
- First try an independent bookseller they are more likely to get on board than a big chain.
- Point out that right now the the Twilight Saga Books are consistently in the top 100 in the Borders, Amazon, and Barnes and Nobel lists.
- Point out that the first book to knock Harry Potter off the number one spot was Eclipse and it is still selling in the number one position on the New York Times Bestseller list over Harry Potter.
- Point out that Stephenie’s signings have drawn 1,000’s of fans. Ask them to check with their management to confirm this.
- Point out the websites like ours dedicated to the book. Our site alone gets 10,500 unique visitors a week.
- Point out that the movie of Twilight releases in December and people are dying for this book.
- Organize a letter writing campaign. If a store manager is resistant get everyone you know to write a polite letter to the manager explaining how much business they are going to do by having this event . Don’t make it a petition, make it individual letter. A huge pile of letters on the manager’s desk is much more impressive than one petition. Stores also have district managers, if the manager is resistant find out the district manager’s name and write to them.